Saturday, May 7, 2022

GRAYWOLF RODS - The 2022 Trout Smiths Series Lineup

The wheels in the head of Shane Gray of Graywolf Rods always seem to be spinning and his latest announcement is that the 2022 Trout Smiths lineup has been released with a couple E-Glass fly rods and then a series of four-piece pack fly rods that range from 1/2 weight to 4/5 weight.   

These are limited premium fly rods with part of the offering available now for purchase.
 

Shane wrote...  "I have spent an exorbitant amount of time designing, fine tuning and building this year's new Trout Smiths rod line up.  I am currently offering the fiberglass fly rods I built under this brand name.
I will admit I have a limited quantity of each rod.  I make these rods myself and it takes time as I'm still a one man shop but I waited until I had a pretty good stock of finished rods before I released them.  I am building rods daily so I am confident that currently I have a zero wait time as several are ready to ship.

As far as how I chose the models in this year's lineup, I sent demos out to a few folks, and fished (Okay,  cast) several myself.  Any that did not come back with a 100% positive review I did not continue to make. So what I have available are the rods I think are the best I can offer.

The description of each series is here can by found on the Graywolf Rods website.
 
My warranty on these rods is simple.  Each rod is guaranteed for as long as I can build them.  If you break a section, I will replace with a new section for $50 along with the cost of return shipping.

Each rod comes with a nice rod bag made by Jillian at Between Two Banks and a quality aluminum tube with Trout Smiths sticker.

I feel like these rods fall into a sweet spot that is not seen everywhere with a couple 7' three-piece fly rods in 4-weight and 5-weight that are smooth, full flexing with a classic feel.  Consider this a true 4-weight and true 5-weight in all respects.

I designed the four-piece models as glass pack rods with models from 6' to 7'6".  This makes them easy to travel with and these fly rods pack some extra power.  They have a moderate quick action and the fly rods are cross weighted.  For me?  I prefer the higher line destination.

If you have any questions about the Trout Smiths series or anything else that I am building right now, please reach out through the Contact Me page on my website."
 








Visit the Graywolf Rods website for more information and keep up with the latest shop news on Facebook and Instagram.

No comments: