Monday, June 27, 2022

WAYPOINTS Podcast - Top Travel Tips for Packing

Last week was a lot of driving for me as I made my way from South Carolina up to Michigan and it also meant I was burning through the podcasts.  The one that really caught my attention was a deep dive into travel tips with Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Travel founder Jim Klug and travel expert Alec Gerbec on the WAYPOINTS Podcast

If you do any sort of travel, this is one to earmark and make their tips part of your planning routine. 
 

A few takeaways for me that are already part of my own travel playbook...
  • Make a list and check it twice and three times over.
  • Global Entry is a must.  Maybe your credit card pays for it and you didn't know it. Mine do.
  • Pack a small but handy first aid kit with medications that you might need.
  • Bring gifts for guides and staff.  At least on salt trips, hats, sun masks, sun shirts, fly boxes, and polarized sunglasses have always been very much appreciated.
  • Forgo the heavy wheeled luggage and pack a waterproof duffel which is likely 1/4 the weight.
Listen to this WAYPOINTS Podcast and others Yellow Dog Fly Fishing website or on whatever platform you typically listen to podcasts on.
 

No comments: