Tuesday, November 29, 2022

TIN CROWN PHOTO - The Latest Fly Tin Types

You might remember the work of Chris Parsons of Tin Crown Photo from a few years ago from this T.F.M. post and it's great to see that he's still using this unique medium to highlight flies and who tied them. I asked him if he'd share some of his more recent fly tin types and he sent along this update... 
 
MATT EBBERS

Chris wrote...  "Thanks again for reaching out the other day.  Here are five images that are some of my favorites from the latest series which include flies from Matt Ebbers, Bo Wentworth, Brita Fordice, and Jean Torres.

Recently I've been shooting some private commissions of flies for clients.  Sometimes folks send me a special fly that's sentimental to them and I'll make a piece for them.  This past year The Drake magazine did a small piece about my artwork and that was really exciting.  I really love The Drake and it was a bucket list goal to appear in that magazine in some way.  I'm still finding fly tyers I think are cool and approaching them about donating their flies.  I will be adding to this series for years and continue to donate 10% of all sales to Project Healing Waters."

MATT EBBERS

BRITA FORDICE

JEAN TORRES

Visit the Tin Crown Photo website to see more of Chris's work and be sure to follow along on Instagram as well to follow along on the latest projects and prints.

No comments: