Thursday, July 11, 2024

6 Cool Things

It's been awhile since the last "6 Cool Things" installment and this is a fun mix of things that I'd certainly like.  How about you?

OAK & OSCAR - INTRODUCING THE ATWOOD
I mentioned awhile back that I've turned into a "Watch Guy" with acquiring a Humboldt GMT several months ago as an early 50th birthday gift to myself.  The Oak & Oscar family of watches is growing with the addition of The Atwood, with orders shipping later this summer.  This is such a sharp design in a manually wound, flyback chronograph, and three dial color choices.   

Chase Fancher, founder of Oak & Oscar, spent a couple of days with us at Beaver Island a few weeks ago and it was neat to learn more about his company, what inspires him, and we had a first look at the Atwood.  I can't afford a new watch right now but maybe you'd like one...

 
BELL REEL CO. - NON-PORTED TROUT SPEY REELS
I've been following the Bell Reel Co. Instagram page for years and it's been a neat insight to the work done in creating these distinctive fly reels.  A couple of non-ported trout spey reels popped up on my feed this week and figured that they were a good introduction to others who might not be familiar with this small boutique fly reel company.

FOUR WHEEL CAMPERS - ORVIS SPECIAL EDITION
I'm two years away from the possibility of retiring from law enforcement and an ultimate travel vehicle is on our short list of conversations.  This special edition collaboration with Four Wheel Camper and Orvis is pretty interesting.  Click PLAY for the announcement and then HERE for the walk through.



IKO PRINTS - CREATE YOUR OWN GYOTAKU ART
I've long been captivated with gyotaku art and this kit by IKO Prints is a neat way to learn the process on your own.  Or with your kids.  Imagine catch and keeping a bluegill and honing a new art skill.

The folks at Loon Outdoors recently released a family of sharp looking "Made in U.S.A." landing nets that cover sizes from Wade Net to Trek Net to Boat Net to XL Boat Net

Made in Ashton, Idaho with easy grip rubber handles, deep rubber-coated polyester netting, and four color choices. Sign me up for a Wade or Trek model. 
 
 
LAMSON PURIST II FLY REELS
I am a pushover for click and pawl fly reels and the new Purist II fly reels check a lot of boxes for me with modern looks meets traditional click mechanics.  The Purist II is available in two sizes and in two color choices.  I can think of several fiberglass fly rods in my stash that would look good with one.


Okay, what's on your wish list right now?

No comments: