Thursday, April 16, 2009

T.F.M. Spotting - The Thompson's in N.Z.

Recently Deb and Joel Thompson returned from a two week fly fishing trip to New Zealand and came back with photos and a narrative that Joel posted on the Itinerant Angler forum.

I was excited to see the Thompson's both repping T.F.M. while they were chasing trout, drinking local wines, and meeting new friends in a fascinating part of the world.


Deb Thompson sporting her "Limited Edition" bubblegum pink T.F.M. t-shirt and holding up a brute that put her through the paces before coming to hand. That smile was well earned I hear.


Joel Thompson keeping his dome warm with his T.F.M. beanie while catching what he calls an "ugly rainbow trout". I think it looks great from here. Any rainbow of that size that sips dry flies in good in my book.

Great to hear that the two of you are home safe and sound. I bet Riley, the trout dog, was glad to see you both.

3 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

That's sweet photos!!
Wonderful! Got to visit this beautiful country sometimes... : )

Joel said...

I hope people around here don't get tired of seeing my ugly mug! Cam I might have to burn my TFM shirt if I get anymore fish slime on it! HA!

Joel

Cameron Mortenson said...

Mark...let's go! New Zealand is on my short list.