Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tenkara, Tenkara, Tenkara

OK...fair warning...over the course of the month you're going to see at least four more Tenkara related blog posts. Don't worry...this isn't going to become "The TENKARA Manifesto" but I am really excited about this style of fly fishing and the products that Tenkara USA is introducing to anglers a world away from it's origin in Japan.


I'll be mixing in some fiberglass posts into the lineup but look forward to a couple videos, an extensive interview with Daniel Galhardo, and my own review of the Tenkara Ayu.

For those with their interest perked by the Tenkara system, I hope that by the end of the month all your questions will be answered and maybe you too will be fishing your nearby rivers with a fly rod without a reel.

2 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

very nice, Cameron
Looking forward to see the interview.

Well, I am not afraid of Tenkara Manifesto... but maybe be you (we) can convince some of the manufacturers that fiberglass is a good material for Tenkara ,potentially, since we are just talking about "a technique", it's still all embraced by Fly Fishing. To me, nymphing with a indicator is more a different "technique" than fish with Tenkara rod.

Cameron Mortenson said...

Mark...true...true. The interview will post later this week. Daniel provides some excellent insight into Tenkara. I can't wait to post it.