Thursday, September 3, 2009

Offer of the Month - Tenkara USA

(I know that this post is a couple of days late but both Daniel Galhardo, founder of Tenkara USA, and I have been a bit busy with trips and other responsibilities.)

I am excited to post September's Offer of the Month and being associated with Tenkara USA. The Tenkara angling system is extremely enjoyable and over the course of the month I hope to pass along a lot of good information to T.F.M. readers with an interview of Daniel Galhardo, videos, photos, and my own review of the Tenkara Ayu that I fished for several days in Colorado recently.


There are two parts to the Offer of the Month and I am really excited about both of them.

First, after you've placed your Tenkara rod rod order, send an email to TFM@tenkarausa.com with your name and reference your order. Daniel will include a FREE boxed set of Tenkara flies which will be included with your purchase. This is a $22.50 value. The boxed set will include two vials containing three flies each of Dr. Ishigaki's style flies and then one vial with randomly selected flies.


Secondly, Tenkara USA will, at the end of September, donate 10% of all T.F.M. orders placed this month to the Fishy Kid website. This is very generous and I very much appreciate Tenkara USA being a gear sponsor and for their support of the Fishy Kid website.

So...if you've been intrigued with Tenkara this is the perfect month to take advantage of this offer.

The Tenkara USA website has a lot of information packed into it including a photo and video gallery, blog, as well as a very active forum of Tenkara anglers all over the world.

8 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

What a beautiful set of flies! The concept is awesome. I am excited about this rod too! look forward to hear the field test report : )

Alan said...

Cameron, I'm going to give you a call this weekend if you're going to be around. Joni's looking real hard at a Tenkara rod. We need to chat about these things.....
Gotta get Yuhina fishing them too!

BLUEANGLER said...

Yeah,

Alan, you can read my mind...
Upper Provo brookies! Grand Teton Cutthroats!

Cameron Mortenson said...

Mojo...give me a call today or this weekend about the Tenkara. I think Joni would have a great time with one.

Mark...you NEED one too.

Truly I believe this will be my go to rod for traveling and backpacking. What a simple but effective system.

Michael Agneta said...

Just picked up a rod...can't wait to give this a try. Thanks for the great offer!

Cameron Mortenson said...

troutrageous1...which rod did you order? I'm trying to figure out if I want one of the new Iwana or the Ebisu as a second Tenkara. Choices...

Michael Agneta said...

I ordered the 11' Iwana. I fish in PA, so there quite a bit of canopy on the small creeks & streams I frequent. Figured I'd go with the "small" rod first and grow from there - I'm certain it won't be the last. Now the tough part is waiting for it to arrive!

Cameron Mortenson said...

troutageous1...let me know how you like the Iwana. That is the one that I want now too.