Saturday, August 29, 2009

T.F.M. Spotting - Mike in Maine...Again

T.F.M. readers may remember a few months back when Mike Boward duped his bosses into sending him on a plane ride to Maine for a week long class. Summer vacation rolls around and the Boward family found themselves on the Maine coast in an ocean house rental for a week of complete relaxation and a bit of fly fishing mixed in as well. Mike sent along a few photos to rub it in that the rest of us weren't there to enjoy it with them.

What a view out the backyard and the T.F.M. t-shirt is pretty sharp as well.

A few flies to chase stripers with right out the back door of the house.

Is there a better color for the ocean fish than chartreuse?


Mike's brother, Mark Boward, is a serious photog and popped this stellar frame of Mike casting off the rocks.

Moxie, the official soft drink of Maine. For those of you that have not tasted this unusual soda, it is an experience.

Mike, your photos remind me that I've got to get back up to Maine sooner than later.

5 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

very nice! Mike

love the soft drink! goes very well with the sea wind! : )

Sonder said...

Awwe yes rock hopping love it! I rather be a rock rat than a boat rat! I love Maine in the fall while fly fishing for stripas! Great pics!

Tom G.

Cameron Mortenson said...

Mark...you've had MOXIE before? Not a lot of people have. It is a "different" tasting soda. I like it though too.

gribble...I've never done the Maine striper thing...but the trout/landlocked salmon thing is enough to get me to come back.

BLUEANGLER said...

Ha....Cameron, no I never have one of those... I should check it before I comment on it...

I thought it is some kind of Root Beer... : P

Cameron Mortenson said...

It doesn't taste a lot like root beer. It is much more medicinal...but still an enjoyable soda. Certainly worth a try if you can find it.