Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Michigan On The Last Day Of Summer

This morning I turned on my computer at work to find that Brian Kozminski and James Deloria had spent the last day of summer together plucking willing brook trout from a Northern Michigan river.  They had quite a time catching over thirty brook trout on dry flies and even took a few home for the frying pan which I can't disagree with at all.

It's now been ten years since I left my native state of Michigan and moved south but my heart still pangs when summer turns to fall and I know that the brook trout are splashed with warpaint and taking flies readily in those sweet tea colored waters.
Thanks again Koz for the reminder of home...even if these photos did make me more than a little jealous.

3 comments:

Brian Koz said...

my pleasure~
Tight Lines!

Maddy said...

Those are some gorgeous fish! Care to specify which northern Michigan
river?

Cameron Mortenson said...

Brian...thanks again. I'll be dreaming about dry fly brookies tonight for sure.

Maddy...I think the best we'll get out of Koz and James is "Somewhere in Northern Michigan".