Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Christian's Abel TR2

It's always good to have friends that are every bit as much, if not more, of a gear collector than yourself.  It makes your own hoarding and scheming seem so acceptable and sane.

Christian Hörgren's collection of fly rods and fly reels is nothing short of stunning.  Last week Christian received a special order Abel Trout Series fly reel that will be a great match to several of his custom fiberglass fly rod builds.   

Christian wrote...  "I'm a reel collector. But this time I was looking for a reel to use and abuse, a plain and robust construction with solid frame and non ported spool. I wanted it to have a non-reflective finish in a "classic" color, and the design should be traditional and reduced, yet minimalistic and contemporary. I guess I was looking for an archetype to contrast my collection of experimental and expressive reels. As a result, I came up with a customized Abel TR2. I asked for a matte, brown anodization and non ported spool and frame, but the word custom doesn't exist in the Abel dictionary. Everything is possible. I'm very pleased with the result. This is a sharp reel."

Sharp reel indeed.

1 comment:

Dave Zielinski said...

Abel TR's are my favorite reels. I have an arsenal of them from 2wts to 6wts. That thar is a purdy one!