Friday, November 26, 2010

Hatch 2011 Angler's Annual

Last week as I was walking out the door at Nomad Anglers I snatched up a copy of the new Hatch 2011 Angler's Annual.  The Hatch Annual is one part catalog (think capable/bling fly reels) and one part magazine (think This Is Fly).  
The articles are top notch and the catalog design/format is a thought forward way to make print more interesting for potential customers.

Of note in new items for 2011 is the René Harrop Custom Shop 4 Plus fly reel which is extremely sharp in the looks department.

I recently asked Bryan Gregson about René, who had worked and fished beside him this past summer at TroutHunter, and his first response was "René is bad ass."  Fitting then that René should have a bad ass fly reel to his name as well.

While finances won't let me pull the trigger any time soon on a Hatch fly reel, I may just have to drop a twenty spot for a Hatch bottle opener for the gear bag.

1 comment:

BLUEANGLER said...

Rene' is the man! amazing fly lodge too! I think you deserve to have a vacation there with Mrs Manifesto. Cameron : )