Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rich Schaaff - Rest In Peace

I am deeply saddened tonight to find out that T.F.M. friend and photographer, Rich Schaaff, passed away today.

How could this be?  Rich just left a message on my phone a couple days ago saying he wanted to hear about the recent trip to Montana and catch up on a few other things as well.  He sounded a bit tired on the phone but otherwise fine.  I am shocked that he is gone.    


Rich and I met on online early last year and he had such a cool attitude about all things fly fishing that we hit it off instantly through emails and phone calls.  

What impressed me most about Rich was that he was all about helping others and this clearly shows through in his photography where you'll find references to his friends whether it be a fly that one had tied, a custom built fly rod, or a T.F.M. decal tucked in the background.  

Rich's unselfishness was clearly evident, his friendships a personal priority, and his focus seemed to be for everyone to have as good of a time as he was.  He will be missed.

Rich...may you rest in peace.  There will be trout streams in Heaven and I look forward to meeting you there.  

4 comments:

cofisher said...

My condolences to Rich's family and friends.

Nick Sliwkanich said...

That's very sad. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Anonymous said...

As you I met Rich on Facebook and every now and than we were in contact on flyfishing, photography and post-processing... His kind words, advice and help will be missed...

Robin said...

I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I'm glad that his art will continue on.