Wednesday, November 10, 2010

T.F.M. Spotting - Mike's Streamer Class

Michael Schmidt of Angler's Choice Flies sent along a behind the vise T.F.M. Spotting photograph of himself teaching a streamer class this past weekend.


Mike wrote...  "I taught the class at Mad River Outfitters in Columbus, Ohio. It was one of an ongoing series of tying classes they offer throughout the year.  This particular class centered on big and articulated streamers.  Here are a few photos of some of the patterns we covered. We did a few trout streamers, a few steelhead streamers, and a few big fish streamers. I believe we covered nine patterns in five hours of tying."
To see more of Mike's work or to place an order check out Angler's Choice Flies.  You'll be able to tell by the photographs on his website that he knows more than a little bit about big flies and big fish.

4 comments:

GFP said...

Mike - those are awesome shots of those flies! I've always been impressed with your tying!

Mike Schmidt said...

Thanks man! It was a fun class as always despite the guys having to put up with my sinuses draining...

Mad said...

Mike's flies are a staple in my boxes...from warm to cold water, he's been a huge help with flies and tying advice!

Cameron Mortenson said...

GFP...I agree. Mike sent some great photos of his vise work.

Mike...thanks again for repping TFM.

Mad...I can see why you'd use Mike's flies. I am more and more inclined to order and use flies that have been tied by someone stateside...even if they are more expensive.