Monday, December 13, 2010

The Eclectic Angler Reel Kits

With an interactive forum on reelsmithing and Reel Materials Kits to build a reel from scratch, The Eclectic Angler has also begun offering Reel Kits as well.  

Through a series of steps you can take these prepared materials and turn them into a useable fly reel such as one of these below.

For the remainder of this month The Eclectic Angler is giving 15% OFF any item for those that use the code "DecemberSpecial" during the online checkout. 

One of the Reel Kits look like a great winter evening project...or a fitting Christmas present for someone that already has everything fly gear related.  

4 comments:

Josh said...

good looking out! just grabbed one for my son - we need a good winter project!
cheers
Josh

Cameron Mortenson said...

Josh...that's great. I'm thinking of picking one up for myself after Christmas too. I think Hadley and I would have a great time putting it together.

cofisher said...

Cam, do you think I've got the where with-all to do this? Pretty cool.

mhackney said...

Thanks for the post Cameron! I'm the Eclectic Angler.
And thank you for your order Josh, it will be shipped tomorrow.

I offer a 3 hour Reelsmithing Workshop to anglers from 15 to 80 years old and so far, everyone of them have successfully completed a reel! You can do it Cofisher!