Saturday, January 29, 2011

T.F.M. On The Road

If posts on T.F.M. seem a little irregular going up over the next few days just know that T.F.M. started a road trip yesterday that essentially won't end until next weekend.

Yesterday I ran Hadley down to Bruinswick, Georgia to meet my dad since they have most of the grandchildren for almost two weeks in Orlando relaxing at the resort and doing the various parks.  After I dropped Hadley off I was en route back to South Carolina and spent about nine hours on the road.  I only got stopped by blue lights once.  Hadley said "Why are we stopping?  Daddy...are you going to get a ticket?"  Luckily I scraped by with just a warning.   






This afternoon I'll be taking off to Raleigh to check out the Fly Fishing Show tomorrow and staying over tonight with Kenneth Lolensgard, The Literary Fly Fisher, and his family.  I appreciate their hospitality greatly.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the show has to offer at it's new venue in Raleigh.

After the show I'll be making the trek home and working Monday.  Total drive time will be eight hours or so. 


Tuesday Mrs. Manifesto, Finn, and I will be tripping down to Orlando where we'll spend the rest of the week full of family time and Disney World (Read NO FLY FISHING.  No way.  No how.).  This trip will entail over sixteen hours of drive time or more depending on how many potty breaks, gasoline full ups, snack stops, traffic back ups on I-95, etc.  Fathers and mothers that read T.F.M. know the deal.    


As with any time I'm on the road for extended days I'm never sure if I'll have WI-FI access or even time to keep T.F.M. updated but I hope to get some new content out over the course of the next week.  Stay tuned...   

3 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

ha ha ha ha.... that's so funny! I can imagine Hadley's cute voice when she say that to you! HA... can't imagine you got parked! so funny... sorry... I can't help. Have a good weekend... Cameron! I am tying more flies this weekend! Mark

ratfacedmcdougal said...

My little sister's badge in her wallet turn tickets into warnings like magic.

Cameron Mortenson said...

Mark...not fun to get pulled over at all.

RFMcD...just about the time you always expect warnings you can certainly get a lesson just like everyone else can. HA...