Wednesday, February 9, 2011

J:sonSweden Real Striking Fishing Flies

Just minutes after I had arrived at the Fly Fishing Show in Raleigh, North Carolina a couple weekends ago I met with the fellows at the J:sonSweden booth, including founder Claes Johansson who was at the vise, and was given a thirty minute demonstration of their innovative tying materials and methods.

I was having a good time with a new 50mm lens that I recently purchased for our Nikon DSLR and snapped a few photos that I thought would be neat to share.












The J:sonSweden tying materials certainly create very life like flies that have a place in your fly boxes and used on your presentation flies as well.

Check out the Academy page for tutorials and material lists needed to create these flies.

Look for more stateside distributors in the coming months but for now orders can be placed through the J:sonSweden website.

2 comments:

GFP said...

It was pretty cool to see on the website how he uses the pin to make those extended bodies. I'm going to have to try that!

Cameron Mortenson said...

GFP...the tutorials and information on the website will certainly help those that buy the tying products.