Friday, February 25, 2011

T.F.M. Gets Goo'ed

While at the Fly Fishing Show in Raleigh, North Carolina a few weekends ago, I had a chance to meet Brian Carson, Mr. Clear Cure Goo himself, and see this innovative and multi-purpose fly tying material in person.


Brian is just the kind of person that I like to support on T.F.M. since he's more or less running his Clear Cure Goo "empire" out of the basement of his house.  It doesn't get much more cottage industry than that.


By the time I had made it by the Clear Cure Goo booth, Brian had sold all the product kits that he had brought with him but it was still neat to see a few of the flies that he had tied and get some ideas to try later.


This week a small box arrived from Clear Cure Goo and now I'll get a chance to play with this at the vise.  I've got ideas for several different warmwater flies that I can't wait to try.

5 comments:

GFP said...

What are those orange things in the last picture, top left?

Cameron Mortenson said...

GFP...those are the nozzles to attach to the ends of the tubes.

Dustin's Fly Box said...

I finally ordered my CCG! Gonna give it a try

Josh said...

welcome to the new addiction.

cofisher said...

Mr. Clear Cure Goo, is he oriental? I'd like to try some but I haven't seen it in any fly shops yet.