Friday, March 25, 2011

Christian's Next Project

Christian Hörgren is hopelessly addicted to two things which are fiberglass fly rods and artistically yet functionally inspired fly reels. 

Christian sent a few photos a couple weeks ago of his latest project and hopefully he'll update gain as the build progresses.  


Christian wrote...  "The reel is a Dutch 0, which was made by the same factory that used to collaborate with Ari't Hart in the 90's.  This one is a limited edition fly reel (15/50) in aubergine red colour.

The reel seat is a new old stock aluminium seat from the 1970's.  It's supposed to be one of the exact models used by Winston during the late San Fransisco/early Montana production."


"The blank is an unpainted Kabuto 7033.  Kab uses varnish on the blanks for his own builds but it's possible to get them clean and pristine.  He is a master."


"The Dutch reel and the reel seat just happened to have a perfect match in colour.  I screamed of joy when I mounted the reel.  My four year old daughter gave me her blessing.  They were made for each other.  I know...I'm sick."

Christian has a serious "illness" which I just don't think he'll kick.  No intervention needed though since I don't think he wants to change.

2 comments:

middlemac said...

Christian, it's very exciting to see you working outside of the box and I think the elements in this combo are all just amazing. Keep at it!!

Cameron Mortenson said...

middlemac...I can't wait for the next installment of photographs from Christian. He has the same sickness that we have as well.