Monday, April 11, 2011

Neil's First Trout On Glass

Last week I received an email from T.F.M. reader Neil Hotchin who sent this photograph of his first trout caught on a recently acquired vintage Hardy Jet and J.W. Young Pridex Lightweight fly reel. 


Neil wrote... "I finally got the chance to fish with my new Hardy Jet on the River Monnow - a small (by U.S. standards) spate river on the Welsh border.  This was my first time fishing with a glass rod and I was impressed. It casts small nymphs and dries very nicely and handles the fish really well.  It was probably coincidence, but normally I'd expect a few fish to bounce off, but on Sunday all hooked fish came to the net. I think you have a another glass convert."

Nifty outfit (I am a pushover for Young reels and brown fiberglass) and great looking trout too.   

No comments: