Thursday, August 4, 2011

T.F.M. Going To I.F.T.D.

The plane ticket has been purchased, the hotel room reserved, and it looks like T.F.M. is all set to again be at the International Fly Tackle Dealer (I.F.T.D.) which will be held this year in New Orleans.

There has been a lot of talk about the venue change and I'm looking forward to it since I've never visited the Big Easy before. 

Most of the fly fishing industry mainstays will be attending along with a few new gear companies that I'm interested in checking out as well.


I'll be flying in early on Wednesday, August 17th and look forward to checking out the scene.  No fly fishing is planned yet but we'll see what happens between now and then.

I am making no promises to "Live Blog" the event since it's easy to get more or less overwhelmed.  I did take some notes from the busy bees over at Midcurrent.com (Marshall had his crew hopping) last year and I'll at least be better prepared for this year's show.

Though I may not be dropping I.F.T.D. related blog posts while in New Orleans, you can at least follow along with what I'm seeing and doing on the T.F.M. Facebook and Twitter pages with updates and photographs.

If you're going to be at I.F.T.D. send me an email and let's plan on meeting up.

2 comments:

chris said...

Cam,

Is this just open to retailers or are regulars folks allowed to walk through?



Chris

The Jersey Angler said...

Unfortunately it's not in the cards for me this here. The change to dates in August instead of September make it impossible for me. Hopefully next year!