Saturday, November 12, 2011

Late Arrivals

Photographer Lucas Carroll sent along a couple images this past week from a river trip with friends where they encountered some late arriving King Salmon.

Sharp images as always from Lucas with a neat story too.


Lucas wrote...  "I hit up a Great Lake tributary with my friends expecting Brown Trout and Steelhead, and to our surprise we found a handful of late arriving fresh Kings.  We rigged up and tried for for trout but hooked on to an occasional salmon, which can be an adventure.  My buddy Adam Kryder brought out his old Heddon eight weight and put a nasty bend in it on a huge male king.  Now I'm on the mission to get a fiberglass trib stick of my own."


Check out Lucas's photography website, Flickr page and the Proven Patterns blog for more examples of his work.

No comments: