Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Columbus F3T Event Success

I have been wanting to post a quick follow up regarding the Columbus, Ohio Fly Fishing Film Tour event that I attended last week on my way up to Michigan but I've had little time.  The numbers are in and this event raised over $3800 for Project Healing Waters through ticket sales and raffles.  How excellent is that?  Thanks to all that came out and opened their wallets for a ticket and the gear raffles. 


The only thing that might be cooler than the money raised was when the grand prize raffle number was drawn for a $700 Winston fly rod that the raffle winner turned to the military veteran sitting next to him, handed him the raffle stub, and told him to go get his new fly rod.  What an unbelievable giving spirit.

Paula Mouser Working The Ticket Booth



T.F.M. Booth At The Show


A Packed House

I also want to say a special thanks to the gear sponsors that I coordinated with who donated numerous items which were raffled off at this event. 

BUG SLINGER
COSTA
EAGLE CLAW
GOAT HEAD SOLE SPIKES
KORKERS
LELAND OUTFITTERS
NOMAD NETS
RECYCLED WADERS
THE FLYFISH JOURNAL
WILLIAM JOSEPH

Michael Decoteau Fly Creations
I didn't get to sit in on any of the films this go around but everyone who walked out of the theater was very impressed with the line up in this year's Fly Fishing Film Tour.  I can't wait to check it out at the upcoming shows in Charleston and Asheville.

No comments: