Friday, May 18, 2012

Lawn Casting With Otis

Wednesday night I came home to find a package from Graywolf Rods on the doorstep and inside was Build #99, the Steffen Brothers 8'3" 6/7 weight, which after the children went to bed I went out to the lawn for a quick casting session before dark.  Of course Otis came along and enjoyed trying to gnaw on my 7WF S.A. Mastery Textured Indicator Nymph line much to my dismay.  Sharp puppy teeth can certainly make quick work of a brand new a fly line. 

Graywolf Rods work is flawless on this build and this Steffen Brothers 6/7 weight blank is a real workhorse.  Though no where close to an expert caster (as you can see in the photo Otis is not impressed) I was getting close to laying the entire fly line and with a little work I might just pass the backing knot through the tip top.

Here's hoping that I can get out on the family pond this weekend and put a big bass on this stellar outfit.

No comments: