Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blue Halo "Comrade Build" Begins

Jory Ward of Blue Halo has been thinking of a build that he wanted to do as part of the T.F.M. Fly Rod Loan Program for quite a while and inspiration suddenly struck him last week as he was looking at one of the cranberry glass blanks and how that red would match strikingly with the colors of the T.F.M. Comrade logo.


Jory wrote...  "On most builds I like to go through everything in my head for awhile as far as wraps, colors and design. When this idea came together I went and set everything up and started wrapping.  I like to wrap a few designs up and give it some time.  I would go to sleep thinking about it and wake up to the same thought.  While some people might think "Man, it's just thread and a few colors to choose from.  How hard can it be?"  Well I disagree.  When you build a rod you have a certain mood or feel about what the rod should look and feel like.  I love when it all comes together and I feel strongly about what kind of mood it puts me in.  Hope you like what I came up with and I'm jealous this one is not gonna be mine."




I am eager to how those black under wraps with yellow thread spiral wraps look after varnish.  This 8' 5/6 weight should be a solid nymph and steamer fly rod.

Please note that today is the last day to take advantage of the $40 off discount on your online order on the Blue Halo website using the code "O40EOM" during checkout. 

2 comments:

graywolf said...

This will be one hell-of-a-rod. Jory wrapped and finished a bamboo rod for me last year, and it looked perfect! Good Luck!

Cameron Mortenson said...

Jory got skills...no doubt.