Monday, June 2, 2014

Fine Tackle - Inside The Process-Part 11

This post it marks the end of the "Inside The Process" series and the Swift Fly Fishing Epic 580 that Christian Hörgren of Fine Tackle has built is complete.  This fly rod will be sent off soon to New Zealand where it will be placed in an Epic fiberglass tube and then shipped off again to be presented to it's new, and I believe unsuspecting, recipient.

There may be a Part 12 follow up post when this custom fly rod is presented but until then I want to thank Christian for giving us a very through lesson on everything that is involved in his rod building process.  I hope that readers enjoyed it as much, if not more, than I did.


Christian wrote...  "Well, this rod turned out rather nice.  I’m honored that Carl McNeil asked me to do it in the first place, and I hope it will serve it’s new owner well.  The 580 is a brilliant trout rod, and I have heard nothing but loving testimonials about this blank.  Thanks Carl for designing it, and thanks Cameron for hosting this Step-By-Step.  Your blog is a home for all of us glass lovers!"







Please visit the Fine Tackle website and Facebook page for the latest shop news and most recent builds.  Christian always has something interesting going on to check out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the blanks went from NZ to Sweden... then back to NZ as a rod... and potentially somewhere entirely different? That's a 'rod of international intrigue'! It should be named Austin's Power.

Rhossack said...

What an outstanding and meticulous process to a finished product.