Thursday, June 5, 2014

Tightloop Fly Rods - Kabuto Rods 6'6" Two Weight Presentation Build

I am a complete pushover for builds done on the Kabuto Rods blanks in the brown color and the latest presentation build from George Minculete of Tightloop Fly Rods, which he photographed outside instead of the rod shop, turned out beyond stunning in my opinion.  The leather rod tube is the perfect finish for this build and George should be proud how this little two weight turned out.


George wrote...  "Well ever since I started building rods on these amazing modern fiberglass blanks, I was fascinated by their variety of colors and the many possibilities of combining silk threads, wood insert, components etc. It will be very hard for me to build a more striking yet understated Kabuto brown build than this beauty here. I went pretty much "bananas" by using nickel silver accents on this custom painted "darker" honey brown blank  and white ink inscribing, which would be a first time on a Kabuto brown blank. Something it crossed my mind very late in the building process. The cork mortised sliding band reel seat is elegant and also a first on one of my glass builds. So far I love it and you'll see this again. In addition, the handcrafted, custom painted leather rod tube truly sets this Kabuto apart from all the others I personally have done so far. I hope this rod will make someone happy. Thanks everyone for looking at my work!"







Check out the Tightloop Fly Rods website for more information and images of this build and many others which showcase George's extremely fine work.  

Follow along on the Facebook page for the latest shop news.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

stunning simplicity!