Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Graywolf Rods - The Natural - #300

It's clearly evident that Shane Gray of Graywolf Rods builds a lot of fly rods and as he was approaching build #300 on his ledger, he marked my name down for a special edition brown The Natural 8'3" three piece three weight.  He and I have discussed The Natural series quite a bit and Shane is proud of his work on these tapers.  I have to also admit that I'm interested in a long three weight so this one was the perfect choice.


The Natural Build #300 is complete and Shane sent along these images before it gets packaged up and sent my way in the next couple of days.  I am stoked to get this one in my hands and on the water.  I continue to be impressed by the level of craftsmanship in Shane's work and his devotion to designing new and interesting glass tapers goes far beyond just building fly rods. 









Thank you, Shane for adding yet another excellent fly rods to my collection.  It is much appreciated.

Check out the Graywolf Rods website for more on this series and others.  Follow along on the Graywolf Rods Blog and Facebook page for the latest builds and announcements.

No comments: