Saturday, April 17, 2021

RECYCLED WADERS - The Making of the T.F.M. Zippered Stash Bags

I guess it was a couple of months ago now that I was left home alone for the weekend.  I decided to take advantage of the time and did a deep dive into the gear closet working on getting rid of quite a few things that needed new homes.  During this cleanse, I came across three old pairs of waders that either failed or had enough history of falls, scrapes, or leaks to not trust on my next trip.  I tossed them in the corner and continued working.

It had been awhile since I had last talked to Patrick Jenkins of Recycled Waders but didn't want to toss the waders without talking with him first to see if he wanted them.  I sent a text and he answered back with his mailing address and asked if I wanted to do use them for some sort of collaboration.  That spurred a volley of text messages and phone calls where we hashed out a bunch of ideas even down to tweaking the Recycled Waders logo by tucking the Retro Fly where the "A" should be. 

Every now and then I'd get a couple teaser photos with an update on our project and I'm stoked that a box of Recycled Waders X T.F.M. Zippered Stash Bags are in my hands now. 



I added the Zippered Stash Bags to the T.F.M. Store this morning and I thought it would be fun to share a few images from the Recycled Waders shop showing how these were built and with what.  Everything except the thread and zipper has been upcycled from the three pairs of waders (or something else he had in the shop) that I sent and it's certainly neat to see what was worn now gets a new life. 






If you want your own R.W. X T.F.M. Zippered Stash Bag, jump over to the T.F.M. Store and send me an email.  I have three dozen of the stash bags in stock with another dozen or so coming soon. 

Please note these there were made from worn waders and there's going to be variations in each one.  I can give you a color choice of either a green or gray color from the waders they were made from.   

Have your own pair of worn out waders?  Consider sending them to Recycled Waders for future T.F.M. collaboration gear to be made and maybe we can work out a deal on getting something to you as thanks.

Check out the Recycled Waders website and follow along with the latest shop news on Facebook and Instagram.

1 comment:

Bob Long Jr - "The Fishin' Guy!" said...

How do you wear them while wading? Are they water resistant? Proof? (for rain, not swimming) :-)