Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ten Days To Michigan

It struck me yesterday that we are only ten days away from our yearly trip home to Michigan to spend the July 4th holiday with my family.

A lot of anticipation and planning goes into these trips since besides spending a few days at my parents lake house, we usually find ourselves up north as well.  This year we'll be spending a couple days in the Petoskey and Grayling area which I am really looking forward to.  Plans are to bike, play at the beach, and kayak one of the rivers as well.


This year's trip has an added twist to it since Mrs. Manifesto and Finn are flying home on July 7th, Hadley is staying with her cousins, and I'll be fish bumming for five days around the Lower Peninsula, the Upper Peninsula, and even a day on Beaver Island before Hadley and I drive home to South Carolina.

Brook trout, brown trout, smallmouth bass, carp, and a few other species all swim in the waters that I'll be on and I will be linking up with a growing list of friends that I have conversed with online since starting T.F.M. almost three years ago.

It should be quite a two week trip and now's the time to gather up the fly gear needed, fiberglass fly rods in three weight to nine weight, ready the kayaks, the bikes, and everything else that makes our yearly Michigan trip special.

There will be dispatches from the road as long as I can find a Wi-Fi signal or tether off of my iPhone to keep T.F.M. updated.

No comments: