Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Goertzen Custom Fly Fishing Lanyard

This past summer I talked to Joe of Goertzen Adventure Equipment and gave him the dimensions of my waterproof point and shoot camera.  I asked if he would make a custom Fly Fishing Lanyard since I don't really use a fly patch all that much and having my camera easily accessible would be a benefit while on the water.


While in Montana this past fall I had a chance to wear the new lanyard for several days and am very impressed. The leather was molded around the camera perfectly and it is really handy to be able to access it by just undoing a single button instead of trying to fish it out of the pack.

I continue to be impressed with Joe's leather work and consider the Fly Fishing Lanyard to be quite reasonably priced at $49.99.  Joe expertly crafts each piece with a very individual look and feel from the differences in the leathers that he uses.

Though it might be a little late for a Christmas order it's still worth sending Joe Goertzen an email to discuss a custom Fly Fishing Lanyard to your liking.

6 comments:

bfly said...

Very nice! Looks like some great work right there....Reminds me of some really old school fly fishing gear!

GFP said...

What a great idea to make a camera pouch! Do you like the stuff all hanging? I've never tried a lanyard because I'm not so sure I'd like the tools playing like school children on swings around my neck!

Cameron Mortenson said...

bfly...it is some great work. Jon is excellent to deal with as well.

GFP...this lanyard does a good job of staying right up against your chest and out of the way of fly line. I've been using a lanyard of some sort for years now and like this one best since it holds everything right where I need it. Jon also includes a length of bungee cord to hold the lanyard in place if you like. I haven't needed to use the bungee at all.

The Jersey Angler said...

What a great idea. I have one of his lanyards and use it all the time. I actually use the fly patch in fact I will often load it with what I need for the day and head out the water with just the lanyard. I really like this idea though.

Cameron Mortenson said...

TJA...having your point and shoot camera on your chest and at the ready is really excellent. I won't go back to the fly patch model now.

Tim said...

It's a brilliant idea to create some sort of camera pouch, at the moment I have one of those custom lanyards and it works pretty well to be honest of not being in way of the fly line, and keeps everything where I need it to be.