Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 T.F.M. Resolutions

I wasn't going to make a list of resolutions for 2011 but then this weekend I started thinking about which direction I'd like to see this new year go and quickly a list came together in my head that I thought I'd share.


1.  Become more involved in Trout Unlimited on a local level.  The Saluda River Chapter is well run and I'd like to have more of a role in it.  Just making the meeting once a month isn't enough.  I can do more. 

2.  Expand the membership and reach of Fishy Kid.  Our little project that started with a coloring book (register and download for free) has grown much faster and gained more support than Kevin and I would have ever imagined.  Now we have something great to continue building and I'm hoping that this is the year where Fishy Kid takes it to the next level.

3.  Spend more time in the kayaks fly fishing and paddling with family and friends.  I've got a few trips in mind already and can't wait to get the kayaks wet.    

4.  Provide more fiberglass fly rod content on T.F.M. with rod builder interviews, press releases, reviews, and confirmed rumors.

5.  Make every moment on the water a special experience along with becoming more competent at casting spey and switch rods.  I'd still like to put a striper on the two hander in the Saluda River.  Oh...and let's not forget the score I need to settle with the redfish on the coast.        
    
I hope everyone has a stellar 2011.  What were your fly fishing resolutions?

1 comment:

Dave Zielinski said...

Cameron,
My resolutions:
1. drop no more f bombs
2. fish more
3. draw an elk tag
4. drop 20 pounds
5. run a half marathon
6. 3 laps at the 24 hr mtn bike race
7. first year for a real road trip fishing trip with my 10 year old. Muskegon, MI.