Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Croff Craft Custom Driftboats & Oars

This past July Jason Tucker of Fontinalis Rising invited me on a float with Phil Croff of Croff Craft Custom Driftboat & Oars to toss mouse patterns at night on a northern Michigan river.

When I arrived it was already dark and by headlamp I could see that Phil's drifter was just beautiful and well laid out too.  If I hadn't just meet both Jason and Phil (I didn't want them to rethink the invite and figure I was just to weird) then I would have taken five minutes and taken a few photographs from the tripod to capture in focus photos of the boat in the low light. 


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

I was first impressed with how Phil's driftboat looked but even more impressed how it handled on the river over the course of the night.  We were on a relatively small river with enough corners and weird currents that it would have been difficult for most boats to maneuver during the day let alone in the dark.  Phil's unique driftboat handled it with relative ease.

After the trip Jason sent along a stack of photographs that he had taken for his own blog post which really show off the workmanship of Phil's driftboat and oar builds. 

Croff Craft Custom Driftboats & Oars are built one at a time order by order.  If you have questions or would like to speak to Phil about a possible order please contact him by telephone at  231-330-5762.

No comments: