Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How To Make A Bamboo Reel Seat

Japanese rod builder Yasuyuki Kabuto recently posted a few photographs on the Kabuto Rods Facebook page showing his process for building the bamboo reel seats which he uses on his fiberglass fly rod builds.







It is very neat to see inside Yasuyuki's process of just one part of his nearly flawless fiberglass fly rod builds.

Check out the Kabuto Rods website for more information on his fiberglass offerings and the Kabuto Rods Facebook page to keep up with the latest announcements and inside glimpses from the shop.

2 comments:

Shane said...

I love this! I think it is so great that Mr. Kabuto shares such information. When I started building rods, it was really hard to get someone to tell you, guide you or show you how to do things. Kabuto is a great rod maker, and someday I would love to meet him. Shane

GFP said...

These are awesome looking. I wish I could afford a lathe and materials to turn my own. Of course, what's the point if I don't have the rest of the rod parts. Someday maybe I'll give it a shot again.