Saturday, November 5, 2011

Schliske Bamboo Steffen Build Complete

Matt Schliske and Marquerite Meyers of Schliske Bamboo combined their powers on a little Steffen Brothers 5'6" 1/2 weight blank that I sent them last year and the results are certainly characteristic of the fine work that comes from their bamboo shop.


Since it is unlikely that I'll have the coin for a Rattlesnake bamboo build any time soon, this will have to hold me over.




Though the Hardy St. George fly reel does look fitting on this build, I'll likely end up with a Hardy Flyweight instead.




I can't wait to get this bent on a small trout stream or even more likely on a hungry bluegill or two.

Check out the Schliske Bamboo website for more examples of their fine and unique work.

Follow along on their Facebook and Twitter pages as well. 

No comments: