Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Acadiana Fly Rodders Conclave

The Acadiana Fly Rodders Conclave will be held in Lafayette, Louisiana on February 25th and I have been busily preparing my PowerPoint presentation on "The Reinvention of the Fiberglass Fly Rod".  It's an honor to have been asked to participate in this conclave and I am looking forward to a trip back to Cajun country. 

Other speakers for the conclave include Pete Cooper, Jr., Larry Offner, and Ron Begnaud.  The featured fly tiers include Diane and Richard Blair, Marc Pinsel, Kyle Moppert, Fred Dupre, Mike Racca, Fred G. Hannie, and Wayne Parmey. 


I will have a small booth at the conclave and plan to carry a few dozen T.F.M. t-shirts and decals with me to sell along with a dozen or more demo fiberglass fly rods for attendees to cast.  I will be giving away a South Fork Rod Company on piece "Lodge Rod" and a few Eagle Claw Featherlight fly rods to a few random winners.

If you are in the Lafayette area then plan to attend the conclave which will be from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with the conclave banquet happening that night starting at 6:30 p.m..  If you'd like to attend and need more information please send an email and I can forward the conclave and banquet flyer to you.     

This trip was "properly planned" with a couple days figured in for redfish and warmwater fly fishing and may include a chance at a Rio Grande too.  I am really looking forward to attending this conclave, presenting, and spending some much needed time on the water as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the trip Cam.