Wednesday, February 29, 2012

T.F.M. Spotting - I Know Him As "Morty"

More years ago than I'd like to remember, Mike Boward and I worked the "mean streets" of a small southwest Michigan town together and we hit it off instantly.  It wasn't to long and we were running up north to fly fish together on some of Michigan's famous rivers together. 

If I recall correctly Mike dubbed me "Morty" the first night we worked together and the nickname stuck,  Soon everyone we worked with called me by my new name.

The Typical Mike Boward "Grimace Look"
Mike wrote...  "I went to a fly tying expo a couple weeks ago.  I had a great time watching several masters of fly tying with several hundred people attending.  There were probably 15-20 fly tying booths and a big raffle (I won flies tied by Gin from St. Petes Fly Shop).

I wore one of my T.F.M. t-shirt of course and people would say "Oh, you know Cam?".  I'd chuckle to myself, "Yes, I do." after I'd remember that his name is actually Cameron, and not "Morty".



Mike...thanks for always representing.  It is much appreciated.

2 comments:

cofisher said...

Mike's a great guy and wears a bigger grimace than me! I hope we get the chance to meet up again...Mike, me and Morty.

Cameron Mortenson said...

Howard...bigger than you? I think it's more like a tie. HA...