Saturday, July 14, 2012

Brad's Alaska Fiberhammer Dispatch

Soon after Brad Melville of the River Keeper blog left for Alaska for the summer he passed along this short email and photo.  I was hoping to get a little more information from him before guiding took over his season but in the meantime I wanted to at least share this very neat photo of his new Scott Fiberhammer and one of the countless fish he's already put on it.


Brad wrote...  "I just wanted to thank you again for hooking me up with Nick Pionessa at the Oak Orchard Fly Shop.  I've been fishing my Scott Fiberhammer for over a month now and it has already traveled 5000 miles with me.  It has been the finest most versitile rod I have ever brought to Alaska.  So far I've caught over sixty steelhead and unknown numbers of native rainbows with it.

I don't understand peoples hang ups with weight and tip heaviness.  I don't really think the rod is tip heavy, it's just a really long glass rod.  I believe the durability makes up for it's short comings.  If glass was in fact ever truly dead...well...then the Fiberhammer is the Messiah."

For more of Brad's Fiberhammer and Alaska dispatches follow along on the River Keeper website.

No comments: