Saturday, September 15, 2012

Gear Review - SmithFly El Poquito

While the Stream Team Contest is going on I thought it would be a good time to post a couple reviews of the SmithFly gear that I have been using for the past year or so.  First up is the El Poquito which is a great way to keep your nippers and a pair of hemostats, pliers, or release tool close at hand when out on the water.


On the backside of the El Poquito is a magnetic clasp that holds it in place in a pocket, around a belt, or attached to a gear bag.  I've used the El Poquito most while in the kayak on warmwater and saltwater trips and find it to be very handy.  I coupled my El Poquito with a pair of Abel Nippers and a Rising Special Blend Nippa4Life which I added a Coil Leash to keep the release tool attached as well.  

If there was a design adjustment that I'd suggest for the El Poquito it would be to add a Velcro or snap in addition to the magnetic clasp for an even more secure fit.  I know of at least person that had his mom add a snap to his El Poquito to keep it attached to his Switch Bag.  I wonder if she'd do it to mine too?
 
As with all SmithFly gear, the El Poquito is made in the U.S.A. of rock solid construction.  The El Poquito is available with either a curly cord retractor or a mechanical zinger and is priced at $25.00.  For my money I'd go with the mechanical zinger.

Take note that  SmithFly is generously offering 20% off on all online orders when you use the code "TFM2012" during checkout and shipping is always free as well.

No comments: