Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gear Envy - Towee Boats

This past weekend while camping in Pisgah National Forest, I took a couple hours to walk the WNC Fly Fishing Expo and it was a good time of seeing quite a few friends and checking everything out.  Reba Brinkman of Hunter Banks put a lot of time in organizing this year's event and it showed.  Check out Reba's wrap up post on her blog, WNC Women On The Fly.


My habit when attending these shows is to search out the new and interesting when it comes to companies and gear.  I didn't have to look to hard at all this time around since as I walked in the front door the first thing that I saw was the Towee Boats display.

I've been following Towee Boats for awhile online since I knew the Musky Tribe and the S.C.O.F. crew have spent a lot of time in their skiffs over the past year and have been impressed.  Seeing one of these skiffs in person I now know why.  Damn nice.


The Towee Boats come in two models, the River Master 16 and the Calusa, and are quality skiffs that are ready to customize from the bottom up with various layouts, storage, lighting, power, platforms, when you place your order.  Essentially you make it yours for the water you fish most.

The Towee Boats start at just under $3,000 and the empty weight of these boats is less than 300 pounds which is more than manageable to trailer on most vehicles with a two hitch. 



When I finally graduate from a kayak to a skiff, and I surely will someday, a Towee Boats Calusa will be on the top of my list to consider.


Oh yeah...Captain Todd Gregory of Towee Boats brought the party with a very unusual tree beer tap and a micro brew from Calfkiller Brewing Company that was just excellent.  Nice work, Sir. 

No comments: