Friday, January 4, 2013

Joel's Goertzen Fly Fishing Bag

Truth told I've been pining for a Goertzen Fly Fishing Bag ever since I met Joe Goertzen a few years ago at the Fly Fishing Show in Charlotte.  I have a couple, including a custom made model which holds my waterproof point and shoot camera, of the Fly Fishing Lanyards but there is just something about that Fly Fishing Bag that is so damn sharp.

While out west this past fall fly fishing with Joel Thompson of Montana Troutaholic Outfitters, he sported his Goertzen Fly Fishing Bag on a few of the days and it reminded me how classy and cool these leather and canvas creations are.   




It's no doubt that $350 is a lot of money for a fly fishing bag but I'd think of it as a handmade heirloom to be passed on.  A keepsake of sorts since these bags are made to last from the highest quality of materials and sewed together at Joe's shop in Missoula, Montana. 

Check out the Goertzen Adventure Equipment website for more information.

5 comments:

Joel said...

Love this bag! Quality and well thought out design! Plus Joe G. is a darn fine man who takes pride in every single piece he makes.

Andrea Lyn said...

They look like awesome bags. I just wish he would answer his email. I've been trying to get in touch with him to order something for my husband - no dice. :-(

Cameron Mortenson said...

Joel...don't make me even more jealous. HA...

Andrea...it's not uncommon for Joe to step away from his email for days at a time. I called him last night and left him a message that it might be a good idea if he checked his email. I hope that he does soon.

Unknown said...

I tried for over a year to get Joe to make a lanyard for me in a size that would hold the box I prefer to use.. I finally gave up and had a local saddle maker make one for me.

Cameron Mortenson said...

Matthew...that is to bad. I think Joe isn't always the best at keeping up with emails.