Friday, January 18, 2013

New Years Fiberhammer GT Action

The other day I opened an email from Craig Sako with a short note and a couple images of his start to 2013 with a small GT in hand that was caught on his Scott Fiberhammer and Abel Switch Reel.

Two hander rods and saltwater?  Looks like it works.


Craig wrote...  "Happy New Year Cameron!  Clay from NervousWater Fly Fishers Honolulu and I went out the other day with the two hander rods.  Pretty slow, but we each managed to get our first fish of the New Year. I got this little GT on my Scott Fiberhammer and Abel Switch Reel.  He put a nice bend in the rod and even ripped some line off the reel which has a sweet sound indeed.  Aloha." 


Without a doubt Craig and Clay are a couple of "Glass Geeks" that I'd like to fish with sometime in Hawaii.

No comments: