Friday, May 24, 2013

The Snowman Epic 990 Project Begins

I really haven't talked too much about builder Zeb Tonkavich of Snowman Custom Rod Works on T.F.M. as he has been taking his time in putting together this website and working through a short stack of fiberglass builds over the last year or so but I wanted to highlight a project that he has started for me this week that I am really excited about.


When Carl McNeil of Swift Fly Fishing mentioned to me that he was working on a nine foot nine weight I knew I had to have one.  First, for the upcoming trip to Beaver Island and secondly, for redfish in the Lowcountry.  And then there is always steelhead, bonefish, and any other number of fish species that a nine weight is needed for as well.


Things are coming together nicely and this build is well on it's way.  I am seriously digging the "So Blue" blank color and the matching wraps already.  This fast action glass blank should be bomber for casting big flies in the wind and handling big fish as well.

Check out the Snowman Custom Rod Works website and follow along on Facebook and Instagram as well.

1 comment:

andrew parker said...

I am liking this: a 'glass rod with contemporary stripping guide(s)