Thursday, June 13, 2013

Southern Water Designs - Bluegill Art

Last past winter while at the Tie-One-On-Athon event in Asheville, I spent some time talking with Brad McMinn of Southern Water Designs.  I mentioned to him that he should do a bluegill and if he did that I'd buy it from him.  Fast forward to the other night when I came home from work to find a long cardboard package waiting for me with this stunning plank painting inside.  Believe me when I say that photos don't do Brad's work justice.  These colors glow and are perfectly mixed together. 


So now the real decision of where this will end up.  Our son wants it in his room in place of the A.D. Maddox original that is over his bed.  We'll just have to see.  The kid has better artwork than anyone else in the house.  Can a four year old have an eye for art?




Check out the Southern Water Designs website to see more of Brad's work.

No comments: