Saturday, May 24, 2014

Fine Tackle - Inside The Process - Part 8

In everything that Christian Hörgren of Fine Tackle does in his small rod shop, the detains aren't always just on the fly rod blank that he is working on.  No, the details and precision extend to all aspects of the presentation which includes the rod sock, which is outlined in this post step by step.


Christian wrote...  "I make my own rod socks. I have a back ground as a set designer working with costumes, and I still love working behind the sewing machine. For my socks, I use a cotton very similar to the kind of canvas artists use for oil paintings. I have experimented with details in different colors, but I have settled for a natural and silent color scheme. Instead I try to work with the details and hide the rough edges. I also find a great pleasure in ironing the rod sock afterwards. My rods deserve a tailored look."















Check out the Fine Tackle website and Facebook page for the latest shop news and most recent builds.  Christian always has something interesting going on to check out.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Focus to the smallest details.
That's not perfection, that's craftsmanship and dedication.