Monday, August 4, 2014

C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. - STL Series

For those that follow Japanese glass, the Studio Thin Line fly rods are considered some of the finest that have been offered and the last seven 7'4" 2/3 weight blanks have found their way stateside and into the hands of Chris Barclay of C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. for a very "Limited Edition" series.


Chris wrote...  "I was contacted recently by Koichi Ishizaka of Studio Thin Line in Japan and he offered me his remaining inventory of phenolic resin brown tobacco glass blanks.  I jumped at the opportunity and in the coming days I will be kicking off a very "Limited Edition" series of rods built on the last remaining 7'4" 2/3 weight three piece tobacco glass Studio Thin Line blanks.

Ever since I learned of the Studio Thin Line rods I have been enthralled and inspired by them.  The slow and deliberate casting stroke, the feeling they have with a fish on, and the beauty of the material prove they are worthy of a very special "Limited Edition" rod series.  I am honored and humbled to be able to offer the last rods of this kind.  

These rods will be individually numbered, fitted with flor grade cork, reel seats of cork and Japanese lacewood with black dual sliding bands, black nickel Snake Brand guides and black phenolic butt cap. 

Six rods will be available for sale in this series and they will be offered at $750 plus shipping with custom tubes and socks.  I will take pre-orders for these fly rods with a deposit of $200.

I have started building the first few and expect them to be finished in a few weeks.  Keep an eye out for more pictures and details on the build process.  To say that I am excited about these rods is a gross understatement.  I am absolutely beside myself!" 



I am eager to see how this series of fly rods comes out and likely will be posting updates as the first several are completed.

Check out the C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. website for more information or to get on the pre-order list for this very special offering.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Still regret not getting one of these rods...