Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Brian O'Keefe - Fenwick For Life

For years now Brian O'Keefe, of Catch Magazine, and I have long traded the occasional email or spoke together at a show or gathering and he's always bringing up memories of his first several fiberglass fly rods which were made by Fenwick back in the late 60's and early 70's.  These couple fly rods traveled with him to all over the world and eventually fell out of his hands over the course of travel and time.  

Recently Brian sent an email of a Fenwick 866/5 that he scored for $40 and then he forwarded a second email with a group of old snapshots from as early as 1970 of his old Fenwick fly rods in action.  I guess you could say O'Keefe's been down with Fenwick for life.





About the time that I was just getting started with T.F.M., I emailed Brian and asked if he would send a couple images and a short narrative for a post.  What he sent back was an entertaining write up that is still one of my favorite posts of all time.  Please check it out if you haven't or read it again if you have.

O'KEEFE'S FIBERGLASS ADVENTURES

I have a feeling that Brian is going to be glass geek'in it again and I wouldn't be surprised if more images and other content are created around his latest Fenwick score.

No comments: