Monday, October 20, 2014

15

Over the weekend my wife and I celebrated our fifteenth wedding anniversary and the journey has been kind of amazing so far on how we've grown together and changed over the years.  From college kids in love, to newly married living out west, to settling in South Carolina near family and taking on new careers, to the births and raising of our two children, to figuring out what this adult life is supposed to be all about.  We're still figuring it out daily and we're having a heck of a good time along the way.  Damn, ain't love grand?

A rare selfie and proof that I married up.

I don't profess to know anything about marriage but the things that have been important for us are communication, Christian values, family, understanding, time in the outdoors, and a heavy dose of adventuring.  Where are we off to next is a frequent conversation and traveling has been the spark that's kept our relationship fire burning bright over the years.

Cheers to the first fifteen years and I love you, Melissa.  I'm ready for the next fifteen and all the places that it'll take us.  Let's Run...

6 comments:

The Sasquatch said...

Beautiful, brother. Congrats on 15 years of marriage. May the Lord bless you with many more.

GSFeder said...

Congrats, Cameron and Melissa. We celebrated 13 this summer. It's work to do it right, but it's all the better for it. Hope you have many many more!

-- Greg

Unknown said...

Very nice Cameron. Congratulations to you and Melissa. My wife and I celebrated 32 this year and today is the 36th anniversary of our first date. Life and things evolve, but having someone to share the journey with makes it so much more enjoyable ... and easier. I wish you many, many more.

cofisher said...

Cam, I am so pleased for you and Melissa...and two great kids to boot! What more can a man ask for?

Cameron Mortenson said...

The Sasquatch...thank you, Sir.

GSF...you're catching up. You'll be at 15 in no time.

John...32? That is commendable as well. Congrats.

Howard...nothing. I have far more than I deserve.

JJP said...

Laurie and I have only celebrated 11, but though we may never catch up, we continue to "play every day!".

Congratulations to you both!