Tuesday, April 28, 2015

C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. - Introducing The 64p

There are a handful of small shop fiberglass fly rod builders that certainly are not content to just build on the blanks of others and who actively work to design and create very special offerings in the process. 

Chris Barclay of C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. has been working on a series of semi-parabolic fiberglass fly rods, first with the 75p and now with the introduction of the 64p, a 6'4" four piece four weight that looks to be another excellent offering to his line up.


Chris wrote...

"I have mentioned this rod before but I am pleased to officially introduce a new rod for C. Barclay Fly Rod Co.  This rod is a semi-parabolic 6’4” 4 piece 4wt inspired by the venerable Paul Young Midge taper as well as the Mario Wojnicki 77p4.  These are short but surprisingly capable rods and I wanted to add something similar to my lineup.  I took my Limited Edition 75p taper and modified it to create my 64p.  I chose to make this more of a semi-parabolic taper that is very user-friendly with ample feel and finesse at very short distance but also is capable of reaching out and a controlled mend.  WIth a 20” section length these make a very packable rod.

Like my LTD 75p, this blank is unsanded e-glass painted a sunny yellow with black spigot ferrules.

As with my other rods, I like to keep the styling and build simple.  Each rod will include my brass CBFRCo. seat hardware, minimal and lightly contrasting wraps, Snake Brand or Perfection running guides, Mildrum stripping guide, top Flor quality cork grip/seat, custom handmade rod sock and brass capped aluminum tube.  Some custom options will be available as well.

As a friend recently said, ‘Great news! This lil’ baby has all the finesse of a 2-3wt, but with the line control of a 4wt. If anyone is considering a shorty UL up to say 3wt they should fish this stick first.’

The price on these rods will be $565 plus shipping.

For those who would like to preorder one of these rods, I am offering them available for a 10% discount with free shipping and an anticipated delivery of 2-3 months.  Space is limited for these preorders to 5.  This, however, is not a limited edition but a permanent fixture in my lineup."




Something that Chris always does well is create short videos of him casting different fly rods giving potential customers the chance to see how the flex and taper are and the 64p looks pretty damn sweet.



If you have any questions or would like to place your name on a pre-order, please contact Chris Barclay at
cbarclayflyrods@gmail.com

Visit the C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. website for more information and follow along with the latest shop news on Facebook and Instagram.

No comments: