Tuesday, August 11, 2015

C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. - 64p

This past weekend Chris Barclay sent a few images of his latest addition to the C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. line up with the semi-parabolic 6'4" four piece four weight.  The 64p, and soon the 75p, will become permanent offerings and Chris added a Parabolic Glass page to his website.

I purchased Build #7 of ten of the first run of 75p offerings last year and I'll be fighting temptation not to put my name on one of the first batch of these 64p builds. These Parabolic Glass are really special tapers that Chris has put a lot of work into and the components and quality of these builds make for a fly rod you'll forever be glad that you have.


From the C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. website...

"I am pleased to officially introduce a new rod for C. Barclay Fly Rod Co.  This rod is a semi-parabolic 6’4” four piece four weight inspired by the venerable Paul Young Midge taper as well as the amazing Mario Wojnicki 77p4.  These are short but surprisingly capable rods and I wanted to add something similar to my lineup.  

I took my Limited Edition 75p taper and modified it to create my 64p.  I chose to make this more of a semi-parabolic taper that is very user-friendly with ample feel and finesse at very short distance but also is capable of reaching out and a controlled mend.  With a 20” section length these make a very packable rod.

Like my LTD 75p, this blank is unsanded e-glass painted a sunny yellow with black spigot ferrules.
As with my other rods, I like to keep the styling and build simple. Each rod will include my brass CBFRCo. seat hardware, minimal and lightly contrasting wraps, Snake Brand or Perfection running guides, Mildrum stripping guide, top Flor quality cork grip/seat, custom handmade rod sock and brass capped aluminum tube. Some custom options will be available as well.
 
The price on these rods will be $565 plus shipping."





Take a few minutes to view this video that Chris put together casting the 64p.



Visit the C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. website for more information.

No comments: