Friday, September 25, 2015

C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. - The Last STL Build

I don't very often turn T.F.M. into a for sale board for fiberglass fly rod builders but yesterday afternoon Chris Barclay of C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. posted a few images of the last (from his personal stash...) 7'4" 2/3 weight Studio Thin Line builds on Facebook.

If you don't remember, Chris ended up with the last of these blanks from Japan and built them out as a Limited Edition series of seven builds.  This is the last one.

I've cast these Studio Thin Line blanks and they are wonderfully slow and aesthetically beautiful with that deep reddish brown weave glass.  I would be so all over this if I hadn't just sent a check for one of Chris's Parabolic Glass 64p builds to go with my 75p.  Now, if the Kineya fly reel is included (which it isn't) then all bets are off...






Chris wrote...  "Last year I made a very special Limited Edition series of rods on the last of the Studio Thin Line blanks. For sale here is the last of these rods.  These rods are S-L-O-W and REALLY fun.
 

I sold them last year for $725. This one is lightly used by me with no signs of use and I'm offering it for $625 plus shipping."
















Interested?  Contact Chris Barclay sooner than later.  I don't see this STL build sticking around for very long.

Check out the C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. website for more information and follow along on Facebook for the latest shop news. 

2 comments: